Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Sinziana

I have spent my entire life explaining to everyone what "Sinziana" means, and I thought I had it all covered. This weekend, however, I found out there's a WAY more interesting approach to my name. The sweet Romanian explanations (name of flower, religious-pagan holiday, mystical night, etc) suddenly became complemented by a much more straightforward East-African meaning. In Swahili, KUSINZIA (stress the last "i") apparently means something like dozing off (how appropriate, actually, since I am a fan of naps), but the whole thing is actually going one step further. SINZIANA means something along the lines of "dozing off together with someone". So yes, to my utter shock, I was voted the girl with the sexiest name on the face of the Earth. It required lots of Tuskers to calm down and take it all in!

No comments:

Post a Comment